- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Meatballs (makes approx. 20)
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 egg
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Rice bran oil (for cooking)
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Meatballs: Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. In a large bowl combine turkey, zucchini, spring onions, egg, mint, cilantro, garlic and spices. Shape the meatballs using your hands (about 2 tbsp per ball) by gently squeezing them and tossing them from hand to hand. Set formed meatballs on a large plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat in a large pan. Place half the meatballs into the pan and brown them on all sides, about 4 minutes. Carefully transfer them to the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the meatballs, adding extra oil to the pan, if needed. Place the tray into the oven for 6-7 minutes, until cooked through. Serve with lemony yogurt sauce.