- 2 eggplant’s, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup roasted and salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Brush cut side of eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Place cut side down on prepared baking sheet. Bake until tender and lightly browned, 25-30 minutes.
- Once cooked, use a spoon to scoop out some of the flesh (roughly chop and add this to the quinoa mix later).
- Meanwhile, bring water, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice to a boil. Add quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 12-15 minutes or until almost the water is almost absorbed and the germ is just beginning to appear. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 10-15 minutes or until cooked and fluffy. Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Add parsley, chives, feta cheese and pistachios to the quinoa along with salt and black pepper to taste. Divide filling among eggplant halves and serve immediately. Enjoy!