This recipe uses rice flour with a mixture of arrowroot and ground almonds to make these wonderfully moreish cookies.
The butter is optional – if you don’t do dairy, you can replace it with coconut oil.
- 50g butter
- 55g arrowroot
- 55g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat an oven to 180C / 350F / gas mark 4
- In a saucepan, melt the butter with the molasses and honey.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the mix from the saucepan a little bit at a time, stirring well.
- Roll the mixture into biscuits. Cover a baking tray with parchment, and lay the biscuits out side by side.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown
Courtesy of paleo.com.au – The Paleo Treat Recipe Book