RBTI Analysis is a tool that we use to measure the residues and components in samples of urine and saliva. This enables us to see at a glance where your digestion might be out of balance and how to design an individualised program to help you achieve optimal health.
RBTI has been used in clinical practice for over 50 years and has helped many thousands of people. RBTI Analysis allows our Naturopaths to target the area of greatest need. Any variations from perfect balance indicate how well you have been digesting, assimilating and processing your food and therefore what energy you have available from that food.
We look for many factors including:
- whether the pH of the body is in or out of balance and where the greatest amount of stress is held in the body.
- if your total sugars are hypo or hyperglycemic.
- the amount of minerals excreted in urine.
- your ability to breakdown proteins efficiently & if they are creating a fermentation process.
In addition to the above we also screen for:
- Leucocytes (a pointer to infections in the body)
- Urobilinogen (liver deficiencies)
- Nitrite (a sign of bacterial infection)
- Protein – Nutrients (kidney problems)
- Blood (digestion, kidney/bladder problems)
- Specific gravity (energy imbalances)
- Ketones (dietary concerns)
From these results we put together a program individually tailored to your body’s needs.
How does the RBTI test work?
We measure residues and components of urine and saliva 2 hours after a protein meal to see where digestion might be out of balance.