What is Hyperthermia Therapy and how does it work?
Hyperthermia means simply that the body temperature is raised to higher than normal levels. Hyperthermia can also refer to fever therapy in which heat is used in carefully controlled medical procedures.
This therapy has recently re-emerged as an adjacent cancer therapy that is now being used in cancer clinics and hospitals around the globe. This is used because it has been shown to dramatically improve the therapeutic potential of chemotherapy and radiation.
A fever is actually the body’s natural self-preserving mechanism of healing itself. A fever is the body’s highly evolved attempt to destroy invading organisms and to sweat impurities out through the skin and one of its key regulatory and defence strategies.
When the body is in a feverish state it stimulates a complete regenerative response. Hyperthermia therapy or fever therapy is a type of treatment in which cancer cells, pathogens like virus, bacteria, fungi and mould are exposed to elevated temperatures. This has several effects including:
– Producing heat shock proteins on pathogens and cancer cells (‘tags’ the cells for immune system recognition and removal)
– Immune boosting bone marrow produces more pathogen fighting white blood cells
– Intense deep tissue detoxification from stored toxins
– Stimulates vital processes and organs to work faster activating more hormones and enzymes
– Oxygenation of the whole body
– Produces a state of overall relaxation that is essential to the healing process
Perhaps the most important yet most overlooked mechanism of a fever is the fact that it increases mitochondrial function. It is important to note that without exception, degenerative disease is not possible in an individual where the mitochondria are functioning at optimum level.
In short, optimal mitochondrial function means optimal cell regeneration, metabolism and immune function. And HOCATT™ is the most powerful therapy you can do to deal with almost any degenerative disease.