Christmas is a special time of the year, but it doesn’t have to be a time to deprive yourself of all the yummy treats! These are our favorite healthy treats to make at home. Why not get the kids involved for some fun holiday activities.
Watermelon Christmas Tree’s
Use Christmas cookie-cutter’s and get creative!
Use toothpicks and layer fruits. Top them off with a mini marshmallow.
Place banana’s on paddle pop sticks, dip in melted dark chocolate (80% dark) or natural yoghurt. Coat with crushed nuts, dessicated coconut, cacao nibs or sesame seeds. Place on a tray and freeze for a few hours.
Reindeer Bliss Balls
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts or cashews)
- 1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Dessicated coconut for coating
- Goji berries
- Pecans, cut in half
- Wooden skewers
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Whilst dates are soaking add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to processor and mix.
- Add dates and process.
- If mixture is too dry add either a tablespoon of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into bite size ball size.
- Roll balls in dessicated coconut.
- Use 1 goji berry for the nose, insert pecans for the antlers.
- Place bliss balls on wooden skewers and enjoy!