Clients often enquire as to how quickly they can expect to see change from their efforts and how long treatment will be required. While it varies with the individual and the therapy recommended, some general guidelines do apply.
Generally, some improvement will be noted within days to weeks, although this varies and depends to a great extent on how much effort you are prepared to make on your own behalf.
Yes, treatment of chronic problems is sometimes slow, taking months; however the resulting permanent change and relative freedom from side effects are more than adequate compensation.
Over the decades our practitioners have found that some ways of doing things to elicit better results than others, here are some of their essential health and healing guidelines:
- Disease is not an error of nature as some assume.
- Illness is a reflection of your past decisions and actions (and/or genetic inheritance) and your future health status is completely in your hands.
- It is not our fault you are unwell, however our service is to guide you back to health if you are prepared to be an active participant. It takes a ‘great deal of effort’ over many years to cultivate chronic disease and correspondingly it takes time to ‘turn the ship around’ and get back on course.
- Just as you don’t find straight roads leading out of wilderness areas, your healing journey may take you on many twists and turns, highs and lows before you reach civilisation again – and some expeditions unfortunately can be expensive.
- No drug, surgery, herb, nutrient or manual therapy actually heals; their value is in reducing pain and distress, returning an acceptable function and at best enabling spontaneous repair to occur when it had previously been prevented.
- Realise that there is no, we cannot offer you, and we do not promise you a ‘cure’ for illness. What we can provide in some cases is a pair of pretty impressive ‘crutches’ for you to lean on for a while to assist the body in its self-healing and recovery from dis-ease.
- If your desire is physical health, you need do what physically healthy people do – THERE IS NO ESCAPING THIS FACT!
- Illness is a way of nature telling you to look at your current life circumstance and see what has become stagnant or stuck. A time to take stock and identify issues and coping mechanisms that might have been appropriate in another phase of your life but which are now no longer useful or even detrimental to your health.
- Remember: You decide if the therapy/recommendations our practitioners are suggesting are in your current best interest, not the practitioners. Our practitioners are here to help and guide, however it’s your body and you have the final say and responsibility.
- We strongly recommend you bring a partner, friend or parent as an advocate in decision making in times of severe illness where clarity of mind may be impaired.
- Our practitioners are not medical doctors and do not practice allopathic medicine. We do not diagnose disease and do not proclaim to make diagnosis from our biochemical screening testing. Our therapy is not designed to and does not replace orthodox care where required.
- We never suggest that anyone not seek standard medical attention. We do however encourage you to explore all of your options, allowing you to make informed decisions for yourself and family.