This Sweet Potato & Red Cabbage Tikki recipe is the perfect side dish to increase your vegetable servings, or to have as a healthy snack throughout the day. With Indian inspired herbs and spices, this is a tasty accompaniment to add a boost of flavour to your meals.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, halved, boiled and peeled
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder (optional)
- Rice bran oil for shallow frying
- Fresh coriander for garnishing (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to it except oil in a mixing bowl, and mash well.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 equal sized balls. Gently flatten them into a round shapes. Keep the mixture balls in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a flat pan. Add some oil to it, and shallow fry. Serve with natural yogurt if desired.
Recipe adapted from mygingergarlickitchen.com