We LOVE this delicious recipe! It is anti-inflammatory and rich in essential fatty acids, protein, fiber and vitamins and minerals. The other great thing is that you can make this recipe nut free by only using seeds. Let your creativity shine by trying different flavors. Try adding shredded carrots, zucchini, beetroot, or apples. For a sweet bread, try adding a handful of raisins or chopped dark chocolate – yum!!!
2 tbsp psyllium husks + 1 1/2 cup /350 ml water
1/2 heaping cup / 100 g almonds
1/2 heaping cup / 100 g hazelnuts
1/2 heaping cup / 100 g sesame seeds
1/2 heaping cup / 100 g sunflower seeds
1/2 heaping cup / 100 g flax seeds
1/2 heaping cup / 100 g pumpkin seeds
1-2 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp /50 ml melted cold pressed coconut oil + extra for greasing the pan or cold pressed olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350F / 175°C.
2. Mix psyllium husks powder and water in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes, until thick gel consistency.
3. Meanwhile measure out all nuts and seeds and place in a food processor and pulse a few times, do not grind just coarsely chop.
4. Place in a bowl, add salt and oil and stir.
5. Add the psyllium gel and give it a good stir with your hands.
6. Set aside for 1 hour (This step is optional but the end result will be better).
7. Pour into a greased loaf pan (12 x 4,5 inches / 30 x 10 cm) and bake for 60-70 minutes. Or spoon the batter into a greased 12 hole muffin pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool completely (we know it is difficult but it is very important!) before slicing.
9. Store in a kitchen towel in the fridge for up to a week. Freezes well.