- 2½ cups water (1 cup for quinoa, 1½ for amaranth)
- 1 cup milk (your choice of milk)
- ½ cup amaranth
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup pear (2 small pears/1 large pear), diced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- OPTIONAL // top with pumpkin seeds or any other nut you enjoy
- Rinse both the quinoa and amaranth very well or until the water runs clear.
- In two separate small sauce pans you will cook each grain, quinoa and amaranth.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Both grains require 1 cup/ 1½ cups of water (respectively)- more depending on how quickly they absorb the water.
- Cook quinoa for 15-20 minutes or until soft (the quinoa will have “tails” that show). Cook amaranth for about 20-25 minutes (the amaranth will resemble a grit like texture).
- In a large mixing bowl stir all ingredients in with both grains until mixed well. I like to “mash” the pear into the grains and top with chunks of pear.
- Pour Brazil Nut milk on top, however much you enjoy.
- Serve and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or more fresh pear.
This recipe is from www.nutritionstripped.com